Bentley & Co.’s master barbering tips
At Bentley & Co. we’re passionate about using our expertise to create the perfect look for our clients and while nothing can beat the real pleasure of one of our traditional hot towel shaves, what’s the secret of a close, smooth and comfortable shave at home?
Mastering the art of shaving
Well, shaving’s an art and mastering the art is really all about the right technique, using the right products and looking after your skin.
Here are our tips for good technique and good products so you can master the art of the:
- Shave after or during a hot shower using hot water. Lather up using a high-quality badger brush and traditional shaving cream or soap.
- Shave with the grain and then for a closer shave, re-lather and shave against or across the grain. Don’t apply too much pressure when shaving – this doesn’t give a closer shave, it just causes razor burn and irritations.
- Dry your face and complete the perfect shave with some aftershave balm to maintain healthy skin.
Perfect head shave
Your first time: cut off as much hair as possible and take it slowly!
- Shave your head after or during a hot shower, but not before, using hot water. Lather up using a high-quality badger shaving brush and traditional shaving cream or soap.
- Shave with the grain first and then for a closer shave, relather and shave against or across the grain. Glide your fingers with the razor to check you haven’t missed anything. Don’t apply too much pressure when shaving – this doesn’t give a closer shave, it just causes razor burn and irritations. Some areas of your head (such as the back of your head to your neck) are sensitive, so don’t shave against the grain in these areasBehind your ears can be tricky, too, so gently pull the ear forward and shave behind it with a downward stroke.
- Dry your head and complete the perfect shave with some aftershave balm to maintain healthy skin.Tell us what you think, so we can keep our website up to date with the best tips and ideas.
Visit our online shop or call in for the products you need or for our advice.
Experience Bentley & Co.
Call: 029 2066 4911
Visit: 20 Churchill Way, Cardiff CF10 2DY